Senior Associate: Mobility/Visa Specialist
SAPRO is a mission driven firm, with goals of revolutionizing the public accounting, audit, and tax industries while building better futures for our people, clients, and our global community. As such, SAPRO serves three key audiences – our people, clients, and our communities.
For our clients, we strive to be a trusted partner, providing full-service consulting services that specialize in enhancing their workforce and removing the stress from clients’ year-round resourcing needs with white glove service and support.
For our people, we strive to provide meaningful, worthwhile, and challenging career opportunities, supporting each team member’s unique career goals and journeys. We are focused on building an experience of a “SAPRO family,” with unique and meaningful employee value propositions guiding our high-level support and employee offerings for each team member.
To manage the international travel process for employees, provide advise on pre and post visa application process related matters and ensure that relevant rules, regulations, requirements, fees and procedures are thoroughly followed and adhered to; avoiding any legal issues that may occur in relation to their travel requirements.
- Offer specialist visa advise to employees/individuals for all matters relating to permitting and visas
- Strategic immigration planning and specialist legal immigration services
- Build a community suitable to be mobilised for international assignments as part of the global people strategies
- Offer advise and expertise on all international relocation coordination, securing certificates of coverage and taxable payment collections
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships
- Deal with a range of clients and stakeholders
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the visa processes
- Oversee the completion of all relevant visa and immigration documents and ensure that they are received within the time limit set by the relevant government/ Consular offices
- Ensure all the information provided is accurate and correct, preparing and checking all legal documents
- Process the simplest to the most complex visa cases correctly and efficiently, employing a polite manner to both applicants and embassy employees with little or no need for guidance
- Compile visa application packs
- Meticulous, with the quest for excellence in quality and work output for successful Visa outcomes with timely enrolment objectives
- Assist in on-going assignment payroll administration where needed
- Assist with international assignment, permanent transfer, extended business trips and new hire administration
- Handle all immigration, Visa and work authorisation issues if they occur, for transfers between countries
- Take full responsibility of all immigration issues and operations, remaining up to date with any changes to legislation
- Keep informed of laws, regulations and SOPs related to visas
- Design and maintain process documentation for the global mobility/visa programmes
- Tracks applications, including emergencies or high profile cases
- Independently reply to routine inquiries and complex queries and routing them promptly to the necessary personnel
- Design and prepare management reports to support the administration of visas
- Monitor budget and manage financial procedures pertaining to immigration and visas in liaison with finance
- Prepare fee quotations and any information required by clients, colleagues or authorities
- Train juniors and internal functions to enhance their understanding of immigration and visa rules to help them to fulfil their roles
- Keep abreast with changes and updates on immigration and visa law and share with other stakeholders
- 3 - 5 years working experience
- Proven Visa Documentation experience
- Experience in managing and administering visa and travel policies and programmes is essential for this role
- Demonstrate understanding of the end-to-end relocation and transition process for international assignees
- Knowledge of immigration including permanent residence permit applications
- Knowledge of emerging trends and best practices in expatriate and relocation management and administration
- Knowledge of local and international cost of living allowances and best practices
Should you be successful in your application, you are expected to have access to the internet / connection required to perform the function, and to ensure that the internet connection is uninterrupted and always accessible. This should be, at minimum, a fiber connection with a proven bandwidth of 20mbps upload and 10Mbps download speed, with a latency of no more than 30ms. This connection should be sustainable in the event of power interruptions. The Company will contribute to the Employee for these expenses, which will be paid monthly with the Employee’s salary. The contract validity is dependent on the above mentioned criteria.
Sapro (Pty) Ltd is committed to adherence and compliance with the South-African Protection Of Personal Information Act.
You hereby declare and confirm that you, as the person/entity/body/individual/company who is providing information hereby irrevocably agrees and understands that any/all information supplied/provided/given to Sapro (Pty) Ltd is through your/their consent and is done so in accordance with the conditions and terms of the POPIA compliance regulations.
SHOULD YOU NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT AND CONSENT DECLARATION YOU MUST NOTIFY SAPRO (PTY) LTD IMMEDIATELY, FAILING WHICH IT WILL BE DEEMED THAT YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THUS AUTHORISE SAPRO (PTY) LTD TO PERFORM EMPLOYMENT SERVICES AND/OR EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTING ON YOUR BEHALF”