Tax Experienced Associate (India)
Function primarily as a “Tax Preparer” but begin to also operate as a “Tax Reviewer” on less complex tax returns prepared by an Intern or Tax Associate.
Postgraduate degree in Accounting or Finance Foundational understanding of tax rules and legislation Experience in performing engagements and researching issues
- Professionals that will allow SAPRO to operate on a level of tax competency that the likely customers of SAPRO will expect in the immediate future for tax services.
- Registration and attendance in a postgraduate program should reasonably be expected.
- Experienced tax associate level should begin to develop technical expertise necessary in the field, although this will vary depending on the specific assignments worked on.
- Should display more complex technical skills on income tax returns for the types of return preparation assignments.
- Assumes responsibility for meaningful review of work before submission.
- Identifies and appropriately communicates complex technical issues.
- Researching and communicating any technical issues should only be done with the knowledge and approval of an upper level SAPRO employee/mentor.
- Pursuing the CA qualification
- Begins to develop technical expertise in terms of tax regulations
- Displays more complex technical skills used in tax return preparation
- Able to prepare a business or individual income tax return, with little complexity
- Assumes responsibility for meaningful review of work before submission
- Displays comfort with technical terms
- Begins to understand the value of our service to clients and can compare the value of the work to the cost; provides client satisfaction
In your important role as Tax Preparer / Reviewer you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members
- Keep up-to-date on current tax practices and changes in tax law
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
- Keep abreast of latest developments in tax and the Firm’s standards and policies
- Develop an understanding of client’s business
- CA, CPA, ICWAI, M.Com, B.Com or full time equivalent" with related US Tax experience
- 3+ years of experience working in an accounting related field
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and in writing
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Preparation and review of individual, trust, partnership, and corporate income tax returns
- Tax research and strong technical skills in accounting and tax preparation
- Understanding of tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- Experience Tax Preparer or a Tax Reviewer
Tax area of specialty:
- U.S. Income Tax Concepts for Businesses
- Partnership (and LLC, LLP) Tax Returns (Form 1065)
- S Corporation Tax Returns (Form 1120S)
- C Corporation Tax Returns (Form 1120)
- Individual taxpayers or Estates and Trusts
Sapro (Pty) Ltd is committed to adherence and compliance with the South-African Protection Of Personal Information Act.
You hereby declare and confirm that you, as the person/entity/body/individual/company who is providing information hereby irrevocably agrees and understands that any/all information supplied/provided/given to Sapro (Pty) Ltd is through your/their consent and is done so in accordance with the conditions and terms of the POPIA compliance regulations.
SHOULD YOU NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT AND CONSENT DECLARATION YOU MUST NOTIFY SAPRO (PTY) LTD IMMEDIATELY, FAILING WHICH IT WILL BE DEEMED THAT YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THUS AUTHORISE SAPRO (PTY) LTD TO PERFORM EMPLOYMENT SERVICES AND/OR EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTING ON YOUR BEHALF”