Chief People & Culture Officer
SAPRO is a mission driven firm, with goals of revolutionizing the public accounting, audit, and tax industries while building better futures for our people, clients, and our global community. SAPRO serves three key audiences – our people, clients, and our communities.
For our clients, we strive to be a trusted partner, providing full-service consulting services that specialize in enhancing their workforce and removing the stress from clients’ year-round resourcing needs with white glove service and support.
For our people, we strive to provide meaningful career opportunities, supporting each team member’s unique career goals and journeys. We are focused on building an experience of a “SAPRO family,” with unique and meaningful employee value propositions guiding our high-level support and employee offerings for each team member.
The Chief People & Culture Officer will ensure a People centric & technology integrated function. He or she will drive greater analytics and insights through people centric data. The CPCO is the key interface with teams (Talent Acquisition, Marketing, IT, Finance, Sales) and Markets (India, South Africa, United States) and is the primary point of P&C contact for key stakeholders such as Leadership Team and Advisory Board. The CPCO will serve as Firm Representative, Ambassador, External Board Member as needed.
As a member of our leadership team, we will provide you with the necessary tools and opportunities to take your career to the next level. Your success is our success!
As the Chief People & Culture Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Championing a culture that recognizes and upholds the Firm's mission, purpose and vision, and code of conduct; is recognized for integrity in every aspect of their role.
- Developing P&C Function strategy including the Centers of Excellence Talent Management, Learning and Talent Development, Total Rewards and Operations.
- Providing human resources expertise and support to HRBPs and Business Leaders.
- Ensuring alignment of P&C objectives with firm strategy.
- Ensuring development of the People & Culture team.
- Managing overall P&C budget.
- Ensuring strategic alignment and due diligence during merger/acquisitions regarding P&C function, people, and systems.
- Providing organizational development consulting to firm senior leaders.
- Leading recruitment of executive leaders.
- Overseeing all hiring within the P&C Team in India, South Africa, Canada, UK, US, and any other geographies the Firm expands into.
- Developing and leading human resources governance; and serving as final escalation point for all People-related concerns.
- Leading P&C department and global firm-wide special projects.
A successful candidate will demonstrate a track record of excellence in:
- Being a master at and role model for effective communication.
- Maintaining keen business acumen.
- Being a skilled change agent.
- Promoting, embracing, and championing organizational change initiatives, while helping anticipate and overcome obstacles
- Building effective teams and creating a culture of collaboration and effective teaming.
- Conveying a strong executive presence and being recognized as a trusted leader.
- Having a keen sense of judgment and exceling at taking calculated risks. The CPCO sets People & Culture goals and initiatives and empowers others to execute.
- Exhibiting comprehensive HR knowledge that promotes profitable growth for the Firm encourages a learning environment.
- Assuming complete responsibility for client excellence, including relationship management, goal/strategy setting, ongoing communications and resolving complex issues.
- Creating and managing project portfolio; prioritizing projects based on the Firm's goals and strategies.
- Exhibiting standard of operational excellence for others to follow, functioning as strategic business partner to all clients and vendors.
- Providing top thought leadership to the Firm; championing a high performing culture within P&C.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or business-related field.
- Minimum 12 years of progressive Human Resources experience, including experience in partnering with a business leader as senior HR practitioner.
- Prior HR experience in professional services industry.
- In-depth knowledge of employment laws applicable in the jurisdictions the Firm operates in.
- Experience in global (US, South Africa, Africa India), hybrid matrix structure.
- Extensive understanding of Human Resources strategic issues and challenges.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and build, establish and maintain trust and credibility.
- Ability to travel to multiple office locations as well as internationally, as needed.
- Ability to use Excel, Microsoft Office Suite, and HR systems.
- Experience with state of the art, integrated people-centric technologies.
- Master's degree in HR, Organizational Design, or an MBA
- HRCI SPHR or SHRM-SCP designation
- Knowledge and experience with the following tools: UltiPro, Cornerstone, and S-Cube systems (or other HRMS systems).