Learning & Talent Development Manager
SAPRO is a mission driven firm, with goals of revolutionizing the public accounting, audit, and tax industries while building better futures for our people, clients, and our global community. SAPRO serves three key audiences – our people, clients, and our communities.
For our clients, we strive to be a trusted partner, providing full-service consulting services that specialize in enhancing their workforce and removing the stress from clients’ year-round resourcing needs with white glove service and support.
For our people, we strive to provide meaningful career opportunities, supporting each team member’s unique career goals and journeys. We are focused on building an experience of a “SAPRO Community,” with unique and meaningful employee value propositions guiding our high-level support and employee offerings for each team member.
Please visit SAPRO.com to read more about what we do, who we serve, and the importance of our mission and values in all that we do.
Purpose of the Role
To lead the Learning & Talent Development Department, managing day-to-day activities, projects, and a team. Day-to-day activities involve planning, coordination, implementation, and measurement of the learning programs and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in business management, Accounting, Human Resources, Psychology, or related field or other relevant area
- 3+ years in a Manager role
- Prior management experience in Learning & Development at an organization
- Established history of delivering high quality results, personally and through a team
- 4+ years external audit and client engagement experience with international experience preferred
- Experience in use of online digital platforms in the development and facilitation of curriculum and content
- Experience in navigating and implementing an Learning Management System (LSM)
Key Performance Areas
Strategy Management & Impact
- Source training as per the company’s strategic goals
- Report on metrics and KPIs set by Leadership
Learning & Development Operational Effectiveness
- Ensure training is relevant and updated as necessary
- Work with stakeholders to ascertain the needs of the Clients, Consultants and Employees with a view to improving training where necessary
- Ensure completion of training by employees
- Maintain a high satisfaction rating of training delivered
- Responsible for the administration relating to curriculum development, training support and reporting
- Assist in the preparation and co-creation of multi-media learning material
- Conduct research and source content
- Assist in the coordination of different service providers
- Assist in increasing engagement with curriculum and content
- Learning System Management administration
- Capture all learning and development data and other compliance reporting
- Own, monitor and manage the Learning & Development functional operating and project budget, and perform accurate budgeting and forecasting across operations and projects
- Negotiate cost and terms with training providers
- Lead a teams of juniors
- Attract, develop and retain a highly effective and scalable team
- Establish performance metrics for the team to drive accountability and effectiveness
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365; advanced in Excel
- Prior knowledge of Canva program (advantageous)
- Accustomed to working in a metrics-driven environment and successful in developing methods to achieve KPI expectations
- A collaborative approach, combined with initiative and proactivity
- A ruthless ability to prioritize high-impact projects and execute them to completion
- Is data driven and can explain its complexities simply in order to drive actionable consumer insight
- Strategic with the ability to translate strategy into pragmatic, executable plans
- Self-aware leader with strong business acumen and sound judgement
- Able to work with limited supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize work while multi-tasking in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Passionate problem-solver; sees challenges as an opportunity
- Innovative thinker, uses data to inform action
- Customer service/candidate experience orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically, creatively, and strategically
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Flexible, high energy, and a positive attitude
NB: Remote work position that will require regular interaction across US time zones and multiple non-US time zones to interact with Center of Excellent colleagues and employee consultants not based in the US thus flexibility is required.
Note: The list of tasks/duties and responsibilities contained in this document is not necessarily exhaustive. SAPRO may ask the employee to carry out additional duties or responsibilities, which may fall reasonably within the ambit of the role profile, depending on operational requirements.
Sapro (Pty) Ltd is committed to adherence and compliance with the South-African Protection Of Personal Information Act.
You hereby declare and confirm that you, as the person/entity/body/individual/company who is providing information hereby irrevocably agrees and understands that any/all information supplied/provided/given to Sapro (Pty) Ltd is through your/their consent and is done so in accordance with the conditions and terms of the POPIA compliance regulations.
SHOULD YOU NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS SET OUT IN THIS AGREEMENT AND CONSENT DECLARATION YOU MUST NOTIFY SAPRO (PTY) LTD IMMEDIATELY, FAILING WHICH IT WILL BE DEEMED THAT YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THUS AUTHORISE SAPRO (PTY) LTD TO PERFORM EMPLOYMENT SERVICES AND/OR EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTING ON YOUR BEHALF”