Logistics and Supply Chain Associate
The SAPRO experience; Building a new world together, one professional journey at a time.
At SAPRO we work with our people to co-create amazing international experiences. We pay special attention to where, when, and how you want to work as well as what opportunities are relevant to your long-term (personal & professional) goals.
If you want an incredible professional journey filled with adventure, world-class learning, generous pay, social responsibility involvement, and the chance to work with the best firms in the industry, then SAPRO is right for you!
About the job
To keep track of logistics and update the firm's inventory, find and vet suppliers, negotiate terms and pricing as well as manage the day to day distribution logistics of a variety of resources. To securely order and distribute resources such as laptops to a large number of staff. To analyse operational performance and resolve issues. Collaborate with vendors and suppliers to ensure all operations meet quality and safety standards.
- Grade 12/Matric
- National Diploma/Bachelor's degree in Logistics and Supply Chain or other relevant area
- 1 -3 years working experience
- Experience in Project Coordination
- Experience in logistics and supply chain management
Key Performance Areas:
- Align with the organizational strategy to ensure that the supply chain and logistics functions deliver on the day to day requirements of the business
- Develop methods, strategies and processes that foster and support the growth targets of the business
Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Processes incoming requests for the purchase of hardware
- Initiate with suppliers and process laptop orders to employees
- Submits Supplier Tax invoice to Finance for payment and ensures Proof of Payment is sent to the Supplier
- Confirms order availability dates and delivery information
- Raises intercompany Purchase Orders as required
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers and internal clients
- Arrange transaction related to all logistics and supply management
- Assess and recommend ideal logistics methods, timing, routing and carriers to meet necessary parameters, specifications and costs
- Coordinate local and international distribution, taking cost and lead-times into consideration
- Assists with the monthly hardware stock take conducted
- Keep informed of business regulations and matters related to logistics and supply chain
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance
- Independently reply to routine logistics and supply chain inquiries and complex queries and routing them promptly to the necessary stakeholders
- Design and prepare management reports to support the administration of logistics and supply chain
- Assist the logistics and supply chain management team to monitor and manage the teams operating and project budget
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements
- Meet team expectations regarding goals, objectives, deliverables, and services
- Collaborate with the team for better results